Re: [AMBER] amber14 CUDA GPU for workstation?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:03:19 -0800

Hi Michael,

This error means that the files required for AMBER 14 are not in your
AMBERHOME directory. I suspect that only the AmberTools14.tar.bz2 file was
extracted prior to commencing the installation. For simplicity I would
start again from the beginning with:

cd $AMBERHOME
cd ../
rm -rf amber14
tar xvjf AmberTools14.tar.bz2
tar xvjf Amber14.tar.bz2 (be sure to do both of these untar commands)
cd amber14
./configure gnu (say yes to the updates)
make install
make test (optional)

make clean
./configure -mpi gnu
make install
export DO_PARALLEL='mpirun -np 2' (or whatever syntax your mpi uses)
make test (optional)

make clean
unset $DO_PARALLEL
./configure -cuda gnu
make install
make test (optional)
make clean
./configure -cuda -mpi gnu (only needed if you want to run across 2 GPUs
in a single job at the same time).
make install
export DO_PARALLEL='mpirun -np 2' (or whatever syntax your mpi uses)
make test (optional)
make clean
unset $DO_PARALLEL

Good luck,