Re: [AMBER] amber14 CUDA GPU for workstation?

From: Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 23:49:24 +0200

Dear Adrian,

Yes our university group has academic license for amber14,
so I have both amber14 and amber tools.
The details about my workstation:

cpu:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU . 3.60GHz
gpu: GeForce GTX TITAN
cuda: version 6.0

linux:

 Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

The problem is that I used the commands for amber14 GPU installation
the same as you have suggested but
I have received an error message
after running the commands:

./config -cuda gnu
make install

shokhen.quant-lnx:~/amber14$ make install
cd AmberTools/src && make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/shokhen/amber14/
AmberTools/src'
AmberTools14 has no CUDA-enabled components
(cd ../../src && make cuda )
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/shokhen/amber14/src'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `cuda'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/shokhen/amber14/src'
make[1]: [cuda] Error 2 (ignored)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shokhen/amber14/AmberTools/src'
/home/shokhen/amber14/src/Makefile not found, or -noamber was set.
This is expected if you do not have Amber14.

All the best,
Michael

Michael Shokhen, PhD
Associate Professor