Re: [AMBER] how can i use acpype

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:03:59 -0500

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 3:04 AM, Yaser Hosseini <yaser790.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> hi thanks for reply i did every command in that tutorial but i dont know how can i create AMBERHOME environment.and if its build how can i check that i bulid it in correct path??

This information is at the very top of my wiki page. Environment variables are rather integral to the workings of UNIX shells (like bash, tcsh, zsh, etc.).

I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the basics of operating in a shell using a tutorial you find online. Googling “unix shell tutorial” brings this up as the second link: http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/ <http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/> -- this will be valuable for any computational chemistry software you plan on using.

It seems to cover what you would need to know (UNIX variables and environment variables being covered in Tutorial 8).

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher