Re: [AMBER] excluding atom sets from MMPB/GB-SA calculations

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:58:28 -0800

Holly,

I suppose you can't simply exclude any ligand atom in the calculation
... since you are not modeling the same system as measured in
experiment.

One common workaround in modeling highly charged ligands/active sites
is to use a higher solute dielectric constant, at least 4. The vacuum
value of 1 always causes problem in binding calculations.

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.