Re: [AMBER] Glycan-protein h-bond ptraj

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 01:37:14 -0700

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM, maryam azimzadehirani
<maryamai1988.gmail.com> wrote:
> hbond H1 :661-666 :166-310 nointramol out Nhbond.agr avgout avg.dat bridgeout Bridge.dat

The 'hbond' command only requires one mask, so you can probably just
combine the two masks, e.g.

:661-666,166-310

make sure that you've read the manual entry for the cpptraj 'hbond'
command, it contains a more detailed explanation of what masks the
command uses and their associated keywords.

> but I am getting this error
> Error: Atom 9937 was assigned a lower molecule # than previous atom. This
> can
> Error: happen if 1) bond information is incorrect or missing, or 2) if the
> Error: atom numbering in molecules is not sequential. If topology did not
> Error: originally contain bond info, 1) can potentially be fixed by
> Error: increasing the bondsearch cutoff offset (currently 0.200). 2) can
> be
> Error: fixed by either using the 'fixatomorder' command, or using
> Error: the 'setMolecules' command in parmed.py.

As far as Amber error messages go, this one is about as informative as
they get. The atom ordering in your topology is non-sequential with
respect to molecules (for example, molecule 1 is atoms 1-10 and 20-30,
molecule 2 is atoms 11-19 etc.). You can use either of the suggested
fixes if you are doing analysis that requires molecule information,
e.g. 'closest'. The 'hbond' command does not rely on such info.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

PS - You could also try the 'autoimage' command instead of 'center'
and 'image'. An also be aware that 'strip' does change atom numbering,
which will affect your atom mask if you had e.g. any water or ions
in-between residues 310 and 661.