Re: [AMBER] PCA 2dprojection with xtal data and energy information

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 21:26:54 -0700

Hi,

A few suggestions here.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM, BERGY <nucleic81.gmail.com> wrote:
> trajin prod_50ns.nc
> matrix covar name covmat out covmat-ca.dat .CA

You probably want to remove overall rotational and translational
motion here with something like an RMS fit to an average structure
first, otherwise your matrix will include contributions from these
motions. This may be contributing to the high projection values you
are seeing.

> Error: Could not initialize action [projection]

When you enter commands they by default go into "lists" (e.g. the
Action list or Analysis list), and are executed only when 'run' or
'go' is specified. You need to generate the eigenvectors before you
project on them, therefore you want something like:

matrix covar name covmat out covmat-ca.dat .CA
analyze matrix covmat name mymodes out evecs-ca.dat vecs 2
run
projection evecs mymodes myproj out pca12-ca beg 1 end 2 .CA
hist myproj:1,-60,60,*,360 free 300 out PC.hist.agr
hist myproj:2,-60,60,*,360 free 300 out PC.hist.agr

Note the comma between the data set argument (e.g. myproj:1) and the
histogram dimensions. Alternatively you can specify dimensions with
the min, max, and bins keywords.

Hope this helps,

-Dan