Re: [AMBER] Is BUG in cpptraj of version 14??

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:01:25 -0700

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:51 PM, Chris Gao <yuhuigao.mail.dlut.edu.cn> wrote:
> It is just a very insignificant problem. but I want to know that is this just for me or some bugs in version14.
> I didn't try other parameters in cpptraj, and NOW, I only trust cpptraj in version 12.

Forgive the idiom, but this is like throwing the baby out with the
bathwater. By reverting to version 12 of cpptraj you're missing
*years* of updates and enhancements. It is true that the 'xlabel' etc
functionality does not appear to be working correctly in version 14.
However, you yourself acknowledge that this is an insignificant bug
(and it is). In addition to the tests that ship with AmberTools, I
myself have a local test suite that runs many additional tests (97
tests, 383 comparisons). All critical functionality is *routinely*
tested. Nothing currently tests the axis labeling, but honestly that
stuff is just cosmetic. Now if say e.g. the 'time' keyword was not
working, I would consider that critical because it actually alters the
numbers you get. I will work on a fix, but unless you've found
additional problems I still recommend using the latest version of
cpptraj.

-Dan

> Hope for someone's reply!
>
> Thank you .all