Re: [AMBER] selecting the best docking pose with MM/PBSA

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 10:54:53 -0800

Hi Thomas,

JM2C.

I theory, the method should work. The practical issue is that these
three binding poses maybe interchangeable during MD simulations, so it
becomes hard to know for which pose you are computing delta G …

However, I would like to point out that there are successes reported
for using the energy model (i.e. AMBER/PBSA) in ranking compounds
binding to the same receptor when only minimization was used (without
averaging over MD snapshots). It can also rank single-point mutant
stabilities in a similar manner (i.e. without MD)

So I think it's a very good scientific exercise to see whether you can
use the energy model to rank your binding poses after minimization.
It's also a reasonable direction to explore a short MD that does not
cause dramatic binding poses change in this effort.

Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Professor,