Re: [AMBER] installing amber12 in GPU

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:31:46 -0500

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Vijay Achari <glycoamber.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I just installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in my desktop. I am using NVIDIA GEFORCE
> GT 640 model graphic card.
>
> I have installed the NVIDIA driver (nvidia-340.58) and CUDA (cuda-6.5)
> successfully.

​You can try to edit the configure file and remove the fatal error that
occurs when CUDA 6.5 is detected. Even better, though, would be to upgrade
to Amber 14 (where CUDA 6.5 is supported), or if you can't do that,
downgrade CUDA to 5.0 or 5.5 to be compatible with Amber 12. I can't
guarantee that the only thing preventing Amber 12 from working with CUDA
6.5 is the error message in configure... you will just have to check that
it continues to compile and most of the tests pass.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher