Re: [AMBER] Correct script for B-factor

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:22:10 -0500

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014, Soumendranath Bhakat wrote:

> I wish to calculate B factor but I am getting huge values something like
> 40539.6099
>
> I think I am missing aligning with a reference structure. Below a script
> please see if it is fine or there is any mistake
>
> trajin md1_dry.mdcrd
> reference Full_Mini.rst
> atomicfluct out bfactor.dat :1-198.CA byres bfactor

Above won't work: you need to use the rms command to align the structure to
the average structure. See the description of the atomicfluct command in the
Reference Manual.

> or this one
>
> trajin md1_dry.mdcrd
> reference Full_Mini.rst
> rms reference out rms_min.dat .CA
> atomicfluct out bfactor.dat :1-198.CA byres bfactor

This is better, but yet better would be to use the average structure as
a reference. (It's not clear from your email if you are getting really
large B-factors from this second script or not.)

...good luck...dac