Re: [AMBER] Amber 14 and NetCDF installation issue

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 06:55:11 -0500

> On Nov 27, 2014, at 4:14 AM, Fernando Ezequiel Chain <FernandoEzequiel.Chain.UGent.be> wrote:
>
> Dear all, following the instructions to install Amber14, I get to the
> same error after executing "./configure gnu". I tried three times,
> starting with clean installs, but I keep getting the same error. Any
> help would be kindly appreciated.
> Regards,
> Fernando
>

> linux.Ubuntu1404:~/Downloads/Amber 14/amber14$ ./configure gnu
> Checking for updates...
> Checking for available patches online. This may take a few seconds...
>
> Available AmberTools 14 patches:
>
> No patches available
>
> Available Amber 14 patches:
>
> No patches available
> ./configure2: 128: [: /home/linux/Downloads/Amber: unexpected operator
> stat: cannot stat ?/home/linux/Downloads/Amber?: No such file or directory
> stat: cannot stat ?14/amber14?: No such file or directory
> ./configure2: 136: [: !=: unexpected operator

You have a space in the path leading to $AMBERHOME: /home/linux/Downloads/Amber 14/amber14. This is something that I don’t think any developer ever does, and we (or at least I) don’t think about the struggles that Unix tools usually have with paths that contain whitespace enough to test that it works.

I suspect that the NetCDF configure failed for the same reason, but that part is largely out of our control. Do these problems go away if you rename your directory to a name that does not have a space?

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher