Re: [AMBER] Help generating Heme parameters

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:18:00 -0500

Hi Junaid,

If you want to use MCPB to deal with it, you need to have prep file of the system first (do RESP charge calculation using Gaussian, and
then use antechamber to generate the prep file, I recommend you to have the atom type in AMBER atom type) and then you can use
prep2xml to transfer the file into xml format, in which MCPB can recognize it. Then you can read the xml as lib file and do the normal
MCPB steps. It may contain a lot of trial and error process during the modeling.

Another way to deal with it is to define the bond, angle parameters by using a empirical way (and the charge still in RESP way),
in which you can check the former literatures, pick meaningful values and apply it in your system.

You can send me the structure file and I can help to look at it.

Best,
Pengfei