Re: [AMBER] GPU enabled Hardware specification

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:35:24 -0800

Yes - it is known as marketing fluff!!!

The stock heat sink is heavily tested and is the same approach used for
the active Tesla cards. It is also known to work properly with multiple
cards in a box. All the other heat sinks are just marketing people trying
to get value add. Note, I very much doubt they test their cards to the
types of temperatures and loads that running AMBER jobs 24/7 generate so
I'd question their claims. The also almost certainly did not design these
heat sinks for having 4 GPUs all next to each other in a single box. So
feel free to buy the sexy looking heat sink cards but my advice would be
to stick to the designs that are the closest to what the Tesla cards use.

All the best
Ross