Re: [AMBER] Amber 14 installation problems

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:55:33 -0500

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014, 汪小涧 wrote:

> I brought Amber 14 recently, and encournter some problems about installation.
> The system I used is Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> I'm trying to install Amber14 following the instruction from the manual. When I type the order "./configure gnu".
> It appeared :
>
> "Configuring fftw-3.3 (may be time-consuming)...
>
> Error: FFTW configure returned 1
> FFTW configure failed! Check the fftw3_config.log file
> in the /home/f/amber14//AmberTools/src directory.
> The fftw3_config.log indicted:
> configure: error: cannot find sources (kernel/ifftw.h) in . or .."

Can you say the exact steps you used to download and install AmberTools14?
Are you in a fresh directory?

Do you have a file $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/fftw-3.3/kernel/ifftw.h? If this
file is missing (as the configure log suggests) then the problem probably
(certainly?) arose during the extraction of file from the AmberTools14 tarball.

> I tried to reinstall the fftw, but also face the same problem.

Can you say exactly what you did to "try to reinstall the fftw"?

...good luck...dac