Re: [AMBER] time correlation function

From: giulia palermo <giulia.palermo83.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:44:52 +0100

Dear Daniel,

thank you for your suggestions. I also have an other question.

Is there a direct way with ptraj or cpptraj to calculate the angle 'tau'
between the principal axis of an alpha-helix and the z-axis of my reference
system (i.e. the cartesian coordinates)??

Moreover, after having calculate the 'tau' angle for an alpha-helix, is it
possible to directly calculate with ptraj/cpptraj the time correlation
function between this angle and the 'tau' angle of an pther alpha-helix??

I have a complex system in which I need to understand how the movements of
one alpha-helix is correlated in time with the movement of an other
alpha-helix. Thus, I thought that the angle between the pricipal axis of
the helices and the z-reference axis could be a suitable metrix.

I also wonder if there are other commands in ptraj that allow to calculate
the helix-tilting that could be an other suitable metrix for solving my
probelm.

Thank you very much
Best regards.