[AMBER] zinc partial charges

From: Nash, Anthony <a.nash.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 06:30:38 +0000

Hi all,

I am very new to AmberTools and the Amber-99SB forcefield, so I am hoping to rapidly fill in some knowledge gaps.

I would like to adjust the partial charges of zinc and the ligands in a protein enzymatic active site. I have the .pdb, I know precisely which ligands make up the coordination number (three HIS and one water). I have access to AmberTools and Gaussian 09. Is it possible to place the partial charges straight out of ab initio calculations into the Amber-99SB forcefield? From trawling through a lot of literature, manuals and old websites, I understand that I would need to use HF/6-31G* or B3LYP/6-31G* if I have a metal site. I suspect RESP and antechamber will be involved?

Many thanks
Anthony