Re: [AMBER] Protocol for multiple CPU+ single GPU run on a single node,

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:17:32 -0400

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 17:49 +0300, MURAT OZTURK wrote:
> I will be running on a single node with 20 cpus and 1 gpu installed.
>
> Do I have to use pmemd.cuda.MPI for this, or is pmemd.cuda enough..?
>
> How do I specify the number of cpus used with pmemd.cuda? I can't seem to
> find this information in the manual.

Just pmemd.cuda. The thing about pmemd.cuda is that it runs the
_entire_ calculation on the GPU, so adding CPUs buys you nothing.

The way it is designed, each CPU thread will launch a GPU thread as well
(so you are stuck using 1 CPU for each GPU).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher