Re: [AMBER] Installation Problem of AmberTools14

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 07:45:29 -0400

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 04:54 +0000, ujihara.ryuuta.47u.st.kyoto-u.ac.jp
wrote:
> Dear Amber users,
>
> I am having a problem with installing AmberTools14 to Macbook Pro (mid 2010).
>
> Apparently there are some mistakes in compiler settings and configure flags, but I do not know how to sort the things out.
> Following is an error message I got when I run a configure command.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

> ./configure -macAccelerate gnu
> Checking for updates...
> Checking for available patches online. This may take a few seconds...
> Available AmberTools 14 patches:
> No patches available
> Searching for python2... Found python2.7: //anaconda/bin/python2.7
> Obtaining the gnu suite version:
> gcc -v
> The version is 4.8.2
> Testing the gcc compiler:
> gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o testp testp.c
> OK
> Testing the g++ compiler:
> g++ -o testp testp.cpp
> OK
> Testing the gfortran compiler:
> gfortran -O0 -o testp testp.f
> OK
> Testing mixed C/Fortran compilation:
> gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -c -o testp.c.o testp.c
> gfortran -O0 -c -o testp.f.o testp.f
> gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o testp testp.c.o testp.f.o -lgfortran -w -framework Accelerate
> ld: library not found for -lgfortran

libgfortran.dylib is a standard library in the GCC package. The fact
that it cannot be found means that your GCC installation is broken or
your environment is wrong.

I'm not sure what you did to install the compilers, but if you follow
the instructions here: http://jswails.wikidot.com/mac-os-x then you
should get a set of compilers that will work with Amber.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher