Re: [AMBER] AMBER minimization problem

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:27:07 -0400

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014, Valentina Romano wrote:

> I ran an easy and short minimization of the 6-aminopurine-PknG kinase
> complex, but something went wrong.
>

> When i saved the pdb file after the minimization, the 6-aminopurine has
> lost is planarity.

Try a minimization of just 6-amino purine by itself; see what you get then.

Saying "lost its planarity" is pretty vague, and you will probably have to
debug this yourself. A ligand could correctly become non-planar when bound to
a protein. Or, antechamber might be underestimating the penalty for non-planar
behavior. Or, (we don't know any of this) you could be visually reacting to a
small amount of non-planarity that is really not important. Or, something
else.

...dac