[AMBER] AMBER minimization problem

From: Valentina Romano <valentina.romano.unibas.ch>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:11:54 +0000

Dear Amber users

I ran an easy and short minimization of the 6-aminopurine-PknG kinase complex, but something went wrong.

I parametrized the 6-aminopurine using antechamber and then i parametrized the 6-aminopurine-PknG kinase complex ( i followed all the steps described in the abtechamber tutorial).
Ones i obtained the prmtop anc inpcrd files for the complex i ran a short minimization in vacuum and without periodicity:

Initial minimisation of PknG-Adenine complex
 &cntrl
  imin=1,
  maxcyc=500,
  ncyc=250,
  ntb=0,
  igb=0,
  cut=12
 /

When i saved the pdb file after the minimization, the 6-aminopurine has lost is planarity.

Can someone help me to understand why?
I do not know if i made mistakes during the parametrization part or during the minimization step.

Thank you so much
Valentina