Re: [AMBER] Problems during installation of amber-14 with cuda-5 on GTX 670

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:33 -0400

On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 14:37 +0400, James Starlight wrote:
> also I've forced with the below error during compilation of the amber
> without cuda using gcc 4.7 (all the required packages listed in manual have
> been installed|)
>
> r14/lib/libemil.a -lstdc++ \
> ../sebomd/sebomd.a \
> ../lib/sys.a
> /home/own/Documents/simulations/amber/amber14/lib/libnetcdff.a
> /home/own/Documents/simulations/amber/amber14/lib/libnetcdf.a \
> -lrism -lfftw3 -larpack -llapack -lblas \
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
>
> How does it possible to install amber tools (in particular i need only for
> the lattest mmpbsa) in minimal set ?

We don't have enough information about your system to help here.
libstdc++ is a (very) common library that should be on (almost) every
system. My suspicion is that you do not have a C++ compiler installed.
Make sure you have installed all of the prerequisites for Amber first:

http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University