Re: [AMBER] Forcefield for transition metals

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:17:57 +0200

Dear Parker,
I am already using same parameters for haem provided in supplementary
material of this article, so that is not problem. The problem is the use of
suitable forcefield for surrounding protein as I am interested to account
the effect of haem on protein and vice versa. Since for such systems,
electron transfer and polarization plays a crucial role, therefore I am bit
confused between the choice of suitable forcefield between ff12SB and ff02.
Thanks and regards

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM, de Waal, Parker <Parker.DeWaal.vai.org>wrote:

> Hi Kshatresh,
>
> Because heme/haem groups are non-standard residues, and thus not
> parameterized within ff12SB or ff02, I would recommend looking into this
> set of QM derived heme parameters by Shahrokh et al.
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3242737/
>
> While these parameters were derived for P450s I'm sure one of the
> available states will suit your needs. You just need to decided which one
> most accurately represents your system.
>
> Alternatively if none of the states work for your system you could derive
> your own RESP charges via antechamber or use REDs for RESP charges and
> geometry optimization.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Parker