Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py.MPI hangs

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:13:44 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:18 PM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:

> Apologies to burden the list with this problem.
>
> I've run MMPBSA.py.MPI on a different simulation. I encountered the same
> problem. Please see attached mdout and log files.
>
> I wonder if I should recompile and run MMPBSA again.
>
> Your suggestions will be most welcome.

I downloaded your files and tried them out. I did get an error with
cpptraj when I tried to compute the surface area using LCPO (which is the
default surface area method) with an error message:

Error: Atom 2016 in mask :* does not belong to solute.

Warning: Setup failed for [surf thing :* out test.dat]: Skipping

----- 4fqt_OVT.inpcrd (1-1, 1) -----

100% Complete.

This occurs because including solvent in a surface area calculation is
unusual, and this is a check in cpptraj to prevent a mistake. (Your
topology file has a WAT residue.) This issue was addressed by update.5 for
AmberTools 13 (see http://ambermd.org/bugfixesat.html). Can you check that
these bug fixes are applied and recompile AmberTools?

If it still doesn't work, I think I'm going to need to be able to reproduce
this error locally on one or two frames.

Thanks,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher