Re: [AMBER] Forcefield for transition metals

From: de Waal, Parker <Parker.DeWaal.vai.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 22:05:09 +0000

Hi Kshatresh,

Because heme/haem groups are non-standard residues, and thus not parameterized within ff12SB or ff02, I would recommend looking into this set of QM derived heme parameters by Shahrokh et al. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3242737/

While these parameters were derived for P450s I'm sure one of the available states will suit your needs. You just need to decided which one most accurately represents your system.

Alternatively if none of the states work for your system you could derive your own RESP charges via antechamber or use REDs for RESP charges and geometry optimization.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Parker