Re: [AMBER] enquiry regarding latest Amber

From: Ved Prakash <ved.bakli.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:05:02 +0530

Dear Ross,

Thanks for your email. I browsed through the link you sent and found this
system to be somewhere close to my needs.

http://exxactcorp.com/index.php/solution/solu_detail/147

But, apart from running MD simulations (for systems less than 1000 atoms
excluding solvent), we also plan to run quantum mechanical calculations
(DFT level) on small organic dyes using softwares like NWchem or Gaussian
(for about 25% of usage time). As far as I know, they are CPU and RAM
intensive. This is why I have also focussed upon having descent no. of CPU
cores (16 cores) for my *Entry-Level Workstation. *Please let me know if
there is something better which can be done. My budget is somewhere around
$3000.

I am resending the specification file which I had narrowed down to.

--
Best wishes