Re: [AMBER] enquiry regarding latest Amber

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:42:29 +0100

Hi Ross:

Does any AMBER/GPU benchmark exist about T-REMD? I am carrying out T-REMD
with NAMD on a 41 aa peptide in periodic water box on a BlueGene/Q 128
nodes (4024 processors) 32 replicas. However, I would also like to carry
out T-REMD "at home" on a single node. NAMD requires multiple physical
nodes and has problems - as far as I could understand - in restarting with
harmonic forces applied to a part of the system (harmonic forces that are
absolutely needed in my project ). Of course I will limit "at home" T-REMD
to simpler systems, like under GB conditions and/or smaller peptides.

At present I am at ivy-bridge/two GTX680 PCIExpress 3.0, i.e., devised for
a code, like NAMD, that shifts from GPU to CPU at any step. I am at
AMBER10, so that I need upgrading that too.

For reason of budget, I intend to assemble "at home" the computer for
AMBER, using for last components, which usually is no big loss. Also, I
exchange the older with the new parts with my dealer, which also keeps the
prices lower.

Thanks
francesco pietra