Re: [AMBER] normal mode analysis, AmberTools13, vecs

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 07:54:20 -0500

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013, maghtar wrote:

> It seems nomde() has been under ptraj before but it is through NAB now. I
> am not sure if the ouputs are same.

I think you are confusing normal mode analysis with quasiharmonic analysis.
The former is done with NAB, the latter with ptraj (or now, with cpptraj).
I think the output formats for the vecs file are the same.

> So far I have only found this software:
> http://structbio.vanderbilt.edu/archives/amber-archive/2004/1805.php
> but I have difficulties to install it.

The IED plugin is now outdated, since the way VMD interacts with python has
changed. You might look here: http://www.csb.pitt.edu/prody/ (Note:
I've not used this one myself.)

...dac