Re: [AMBER] Error using Antechamber

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:12:09 -0400

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013, onetwo wrote:

> I am using Amber to do the MD simulation of a peptide bound to a protein.
>
> I have docked this peptide to the protein, therefore its residue
> name has changed to UNK, and all the amino acids have became as one
> molecule. So, I have to first run antechamber before going to xleap.

Far easier is to just manually change the residue names back to their proper
values. (Aside: is it the docking program that did this? Which one?)

I suspect your antechamber problems came from giving it too large a molecule:
how big is the peptide?

But you will get a better force field if you use the Amber force field for
peptides (be sure to use ff12SB) than is you try to make antechamber provide
the parameters.

...dac