Re: [AMBER] Error using Antechamber

From: onetwo <twoone21.rediffmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2013 04:06:24 -0000

Dear Case,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I used Glide for docking, it converted whole peptide to one molecule. Otherwise peptide is of 5 amino acid in length only

I will try to manually change it to peptide again, and also will use the force field you specified.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Regards

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:44:10 +0530 wrote

>On Sat, Aug 17, 2013, onetwo wrote:

> I am using Amber to do the MD simulation of a peptide bound to a protein.

> I have docked this peptide to the protein, therefore its residue

> name has changed to UNK, and all the amino acids have became as one

> molecule. So, I have to first run antechamber before going to xleap.

Far easier is to just manually change the residue names back to their proper

values. (Aside: is it the docking program that did this? Which one?)

I suspect your antechamber problems came from giving it too large a molecule:

how big is the peptide?

But you will get a better force field if you use the Amber force field for

peptides (be sure to use ff12SB) than is you try to make antechamber provide

the parameters.

...dac