Re: [AMBER] Error: Bad topology file. Sum of ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE does not equal NATOM.

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:35:36 +0300

Hi Jason,

It didn't work. I loaded the reordered .prmtop and .rst files in VMD and
saw wrong bonding between the protein atoms. When I tried to run NPT
equilibration using these files with pmemd.cuda I got:

cudaMemcpy GpuBuffer::Download failed unspecified launch failure

whilst with pmemd.mpi:

| ERROR: PMEMD does not support intermolecular PRFs!

I 'll send you my files to your gmail to see if you can find what's wrong.
Just to tell you that I have followed the same protocol for another protein
that differs only in one amino acid and worked perfectly fine.

best,
Thomas

On 19 August 2013 04:03, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Dear AMBER list,
> >
> > How do I get this error at unrestrained NPT equilibration since I can
> load
> > and visualize in VMD the prmtop and .rst file from NVT equilibration?
> > The number of atoms in the .rst file is the same as in the .prmtop. Below
> > is the configuration file I used in NVT.
> >

> This is a bug in tleap that results when you combine two separate molecules
> using the 'bond' command in tleap. It is a bug in tleap that is known, but
> has not yet been fixed.
>
> There is a relatively simple workaround in either cpptraj or ParmEd (make
> sure you have AmberTools 13 fully up-to-date).
>
> Using ParmEd, try this:
>
> parmed.py -p <your_prmtop> << EOF
> loadRestrt <your_restart>
> setMolecules solute_ions True
> parmout <reordered_prmtop> <reordered_restrt>
> EOF
>
> reordered_prmtop and reordered_restrt should then work.
>
> The error, in case you are curious, is that the SOLVENT_POINTERS and
> ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE sections of the prmtop are structured under the
> assumption that all of the molecules are composed of consecutive atoms.
> However, if molecules 1 and 3 are combined via a 'bond' command in tleap,
> then the atoms are not properly reordered to satisfy this assumption. This
> results in a broken ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE section of the prmtop which can
> later result in very strange errors (e.g., segfaults) in sander and pmemd.
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason M. Swails