Re: [AMBER] Request Force Fields References

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:42:22 -0400

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013, Catein Catherine wrote:

> Is "ff99 + Barcelona backbone torsion modifications" same as f99bsc0 for DNA?

Yes.

> Is ff12SB only available for AMBER12? Can we use ff12SB in AMBER 10?

Force fields are distributed as a part of AmberTools. You can use the
current AmberTools13 to prepare your prmtop files, but run them in Amber10 if
you like.

> Where can we download the AMBER10 and ambertools10(if any?)manuals?

We recommend that you use the current version of AmberTools. The Amber10
manual should be the the "amber10/doc" directory of your Amber10 distribution.

You say you are "using AMBER10 and AMBER12": I recommend that you just use
Amber12: Amber10 is now five years old, and lots of improvements have been
made since then.

...dac