Re: [AMBER] Antechamber atom types and all_nuc94.in atom descriptions

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 15:21:47 -0400

Dear Francois,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, and I'm so sorry for my late
one.

I've decided to just use the Antechamber method for now, because I'm more
familiar with it. Initially, what I had done is submit output from Ante_RED
to Gaussian. I only had a Link 0 header like this:

*%Mem=4096MB*
*%NProc=8*
*
*
*#P HF/6-31G* SCF=(Conver=6) NoSymm Test*
* Pop=mk IOp(6/33=2) GFInput GFPrint*
*
*
*MEP - Input generated by R.E.D.-IV MOLECULE*

while changing the basis set and level of theory. Typically, for
antechamber, my input for the Gaussian has Link0 and Link1 before and after
the molecular structures:

*%NProc=8*
*%mem=4096MB*
*%chk=sa_charged_gauss101.chk*
*#p opt freq HF/6-31G* formcheck*
*
*
*Title Card Required*
*
*
*--- molecular structure ---*
*
*
*--Link1--*
*%chk=sa_charged_gauss101.chk*
*%mem=4096MB*
*%NProc=8*
*#p HF/6-31G* geom=allcheck guess=read pop=mk iop(6/33=2,6/41=10,6/42=17)*

Could I submit the first through antechamber and still have reliable
calculations? I know that the grid information is missing in the first
Link0 section I sent you.

Thank you so much and have a great day,

Kamali