Re: [AMBER] D amino acids

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:33:18 +0200

Dear Krisztina,

> Do I have to derive a separate topology file, .lib file, for D amino acids?

Two enantiomers have the same charge values (if the
'exact/corresponding' orientations are involved in MEP computation).

> Charges and atom types I imagine would be same.

Yes, although putting a D-amino-acid in the middle of L-amino-acids
leads to diastereoisomers, which would have different charge values
and identical atom types.

If I remember Simmerling's group has published a work about charge
values and diastereoisomers. I am sure people in this list know this
reference...

> It is not clear to me if there is an improper term that is applied
> to the inverted chirality.

Simply transform the x coordinates into -x.

regards, Francois