Re: [AMBER] D amino acids

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:19:58 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013, FyD wrote:
> > Charges and atom types I imagine would be same.
>
> Yes, although putting a D-amino-acid in the middle of L-amino-acids
> leads to diastereoisomers, which would have different charge values
> and identical atom types.

No existing Amber protein model has charges that depend on the nature of
adjoining amino acids. So, results for mixed L- and D- amino acids should be
as accurate (or as inaccurate) as "standard" calculations with just L-amino
acids.

> > It is not clear to me if there is an improper term that is applied
> > to the inverted chirality.

There are not. Bottom line is that you should be able to handle D-amino
acids with no change in libraries or force fields.

...dac