Re: [AMBER] D amino acids

From: Krisztina Feher <feher_krisztina.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:12:47 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Francois. I have found the messages from Carlos Simmerling.

My understanding from those messages is that the charge difference is negligable compared to the assumptions of molecular mechanics and there are no terms in the AMBER forcefield enforcing chirality such as improper torsions in CNS. When I read a pdb file using standard residue names, but with inverted chirality and leap assigns atom types, charges and paramaters without complaint, so I hope this correct.

regards,
Krisztina