Re: [AMBER] Compilation errors for AmberTools 13 with OpenMP

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:34:08 -0400

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013, M. L. Dodson wrote:

> I can't see how openmp, on its own, would impact queue
> handling. It just implements multiple threads on the same CPU within the same
> process.

Depends on what you mean by "the same cpu": an openmp job *could* be using
multiple cores at times when that conflicted with other expectations, either
from the user or from the queuing system.

But I agree with the general point that we could/should do more to encourage
use of the openmp capabilities of cpptraj and nab. Certainly promoting it
more would be one strategy, short of making openmp the default.

...dac