Re: [AMBER] Query about checking of convergence in REMD

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:20:01 -0400

it's not clear what you mean when you say the 36 replicas are "converged".
how exactly did you determine this? also, have you looked at the
temperature sampling of the replicas? do all replicas move between all
temperatures, or are those 8 at higher T than the others? it's possible to
have a gap in sampling across a phase transition and have replicas above
and below exchanging well, but not between the 2 sets.

Carlos Simmerling, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Chemistry
Associate Director, Laufer Center for Physical and Quantitative Biology
Laufer Center, Room 119 Phone: 1-631-632-5424
Stony Brook University E-mail:
carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 Web: http://www.simmerlinglab.org