[AMBER] Question for AMBER input files

From: ÌÕÏþ·¼ <xftao.home.ipe.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:19:01 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear AMBER,

I¡¯m trying to benchmark the performance of AMBER and GMD (a GPU enabled MD program) in simulation of a PE (polyethylene) system with (298 CH2 + 2 CH3) united atoms*150, 45,000 atoms in total.

I got the following error at the first run by sander -O -i mdin -o mdout -c 45000.inpcrd -p 45000.prmtop.
*** glibc detected *** /home/nfsdata/installed-software/amber12/bin/sander: free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x000000001d45f570 ***

And the contents of the mdout file are just as follows:

          Amber 12 SANDER 2012

The AMBER input files(45000.inpcrd, 45000.prmtop) for the PE MD simulation are created by my own according to the file format of AMBER, not generated by xleap or other tools. So I think the error may be caused by the improper input files. I have checked the input files with much care, but can not work out.

It would be a great help for me if you help me to find the error in the AMBER input files (45000.inpcrd, 45000.prmtop, mdin). Please find them in the attached file.

By the way, I have another question that if VMD supports the conversion from GROMACS input to AMBER input file format.

Thank you for your attention. I¡¯m looking forward to your early reply.

--
Best regards£¡

Xiaofang Tao