Re: [AMBER] dihedral term for furan and thiophene molecules

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:31:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Changwoon,

  You can check the performance of the gaff parameters for both of these molecules using Wolf2Pack. For furan, there are 347 QM data points for 16 internal coordinates available for comparison. Similarly, for thiopene there are 349 QM data points for 16 internal coordinates. The QM data points include HF/6-31G(d) constrained optimized geometries and MP2/aug-cc-pVDZ//HF/6-31G(d) single-point energies. The internal coordinates represent all symmetry equivalent internal coordinates of the molecules. To check the default gaff parameters, you can simply take the output of parmchk and copy-paste it into the force field section of the "MM Constraint Optimization" page of Wolf2Pack.

  You will see that several parameters perform well, but there are some that require optimization for better agreement to the QM data.

  You will also find the partial atomic charges for each molecule as computed by R.E.D. These charges are compatible for use with the parm99SB force field (i.e. the protein force field).

Cheers,
Karl
(www.wolf2pack.com)