Re: [AMBER] Input file for NVT simulation

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:51:22 -0400

Vaibhav,

AMBER does not compute pressure, volume, or density unless they are needed
for dynamics (*i.e. *ntp > 0). The zeros you are seeing are just place
fillers.

The ntb flag, to my knowledge, is now deprecated and should be set
automatically based on the barostat options and box information (I
*think*from the inpcrd only, but I could be wrong).

Regards,
Brian

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Vaibhav Dixit <vaibs1.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to MD simulations using AMBER. I want to know what should be the
> paramteres in input files for running a NVT simulation in AMBER.
> Is this ok?
>
> polyA-polyT 10-mer: 100ps MD
> &cntrl
> imin = 0, irest = 1, ntx = 7,
> ntb = 2,
> cut = 10.0, ntr = 0,
> ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
> tempi = 300.0, temp0 = 300.0,
> ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0,
> nstlim = 50000, dt = 0.002,
> ntpr = 100, ntwx = 100, ntwr = 1000
> /
>

> This lead to the pressure being zero everytime in simulation. Is it
> accepted? Or should I put give any values to NTP, pres0 ?
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> --
> *Vaibhav Dixit
> *
> *Undergraduate Student*
> *Chemical Science and Technology*
> *Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,India*
> *
> *
> *Alt Email: v.dixit.iitg.ac.in*

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu