[AMBER] Problems with tleap and popc membrane with protein

From: Fabrício Bracht <bracht.iq.ufrj.br>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:17:14 -0300

I have used the charmmgui server in order to obtain the starting structure
for a simulation. I ran the resulting pdb through charmmlipid2amber.x but
when I load this into tleap (already with lipid11 and ff12SB sourced) I get:

Warning: name change in pdb file residue 1 ;
 this residue is split into PC and OL.
.
.
.
etc

And at the end, I get :

There are split residues;
 residue sequence numbers will not correspond to those in the pdb.

And the resulting coordinate file has disconnected residues. The carbon
tails are disconnected from the polar heads and vice-versa.

I have already patched amber and ambertools with the latest patches.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Fabrício Bracht