Re: [AMBER] Clarification on sander

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:13:08 -0700

Hi George,

There is no smoothing function with PME - PME itself 'could' be considered
the smoothing function. Essentially the cutoff just divides up
electrostatics between direct and reciprocal space and so the concept of
cut off is not really the correct name to use here. I would suggest
reading up on Ewald and PME and then hopefully all will become clear.

All the best
Ross