Re: [AMBER] Problem with order parameter calculation in PTRAJ

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:25:45 -0600

Hi,

I should have noticed this before, but you are only using 5 vectors
and therefore calculating 5 eigenmodes. The S2 order parameter is
calculated according to eq 6. from Prompers & Brueschweiler JACS
(2002) v124 p4522-4534, where the sum in that equation extends only
over the internal modes (i.e. modes 1-5 are not used). Since you only
have 5 modes, the S2 parameters all come out to be 1. You should
define and calculate an N-H vector for every N-H present in your
protein for use with IRED analysis (the easiest way to do that is
probably with a script).

-Dan