Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA failed

From: Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 16:40:25 +0200

Hello Jason and Bill:

   thanks a lot for kind and helpful advices.

   I visualized the complex.top + MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd.0 output file
from MMPBSA results, it seems that my crystal water was included in the
calculation. you can find a screenshot here;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56271062/mmpbsa.jpeg

The top T3P model messed up with problem in above figure....

However, my system was built with following configurations for tleap:

source leaprc.ff12SB
loadAmberParams frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p
loadamberparams ligand.frcmod
loadoff ligand.lib
ligand= loadpdb lig.pdb
receptor= loadpdb rec.pdb
complex = combine {receptor ligand}
set default PBRadii mbondi2

saveamberparm ligand lig.top lig.crd
saveamberparm receptor rec.top rec.crd
saveamberparm complex com.top com.crd

solvatebox complex TIP3PBOX 10.6
charge complex
addions complex Na+ 11
charge complex
saveamberparm complex com_sol.prmtop com_sol.inpcrd
quit

After the simulation, I run MMPBSA with following command:

MMPBSA.py -O -i mmpbsa.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -sp
../com_sol.prmtop -cp ../com.top -rp ../rec.top -lp ../lig.top -y
../npt4.trj > log &

According to the Amber manual and your comments, the crystal waters
should NOT in the calculation, but I don't know why there were present
when I visualize the MMPBSA output in VMD....

thank you very much
best
Albert