Re: [AMBER] What algorithm does ptraj use for solvation of eigen-value problem.

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:43:18 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM, kurisaki
<kurisaki.ncube.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Would you tell me algorithm which ptraj uses for solvation of eigen-value
> problem,

If you're asking for all of the eigenvalues/eigenvectors in the
system, ptraj calls the dspev routine from LAPACK, which I believe
uses the QR algorithm. If you're asking for a subset of eigenvectors,
ptraj calls the dsaupd/dseupd routines from ARPACK, which use the
Implictly Restarted Arnoldi/Lanczos Method.

> On the other hand, does the last eigen vector tend to take
> Some specific direction in ptraj?

The sign of an eigenvector is arbitrary, so I'm not clear on what you
mean here. If you provide your exact ptraj input and output we may be
able to provide more information.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD