[AMBER] What algorithm does ptraj use for solvation of eigen-value problem.

From: kurisaki <kurisaki.ncube.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:08:46 +0900

Dear Amber Developers and users,

Would you tell me algorithm which ptraj uses for solvation of eigen-value
problem,
More specifically, for principal component analysis.

I encounter some curious situation;
The last eigen vector, whose eigen value is smallest, is quite similar
Between two different systems, apo-Protein and holo-Protein.
The var-covar matrix are calcualted in terms of Ca atom of protein for each
system,
Where structure is previously fitted on the same reference structure, of course.
Then, I obtained inner products for any pair of eigen vectors.
The pair of 306th eigen vectors showed comparbly higher values, > 0.86.

Is this phenomenon due to the algolithm implemented in ptraj?
On the other hand, does the last eigen vector tend to take
Some specific direction in ptraj?

Yours sincerely,

                       Ikuo KURISAKI