Re: [AMBER] What algorithm does ptraj use for solvation of eigen-value problem.

From: kurisaki <kurisaki.ncube.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:40:50 +0900

Dear Professor Roe,

Thank you for your reply.
And I am so sorry for confusing question.

I took the following procedure to obtain the eigen values and vectors.
(1) MD simulations for both apo- and holo-protein were executed.
(2) Excluding environmental molecules (ions, waters and ligand),
    I obtained two MD trajectories of the protein; each was derived from
    different system, i.e. apo-protein or holo-protein system.
(3) The eigen vectors and values were calculated for both system
    In terms of Ca atoms. Each trajectory was previously fitted on
    The same reference structure. All modes were calculated; 306 mode for
    306 degree of freedom.
Finally, I calculate inner products between each eigen vectors
for all possible, 306 x 306 pairs.
I found the pair of both 306th eigen vector showed the value close to 1,
(e.g. 0.97). This indicates that the 306th eigen vectors are similar each other.

So, my question is, is there any possibility that the last eagen vector
Has similar direction When we use ptraj to calculate eigen value.

Sincerely yours,

                                     Ikuo KURISAKI

PS

> If you provide your exact ptraj input and output
> we may be able to provide more information.

I am really glad to hear your proposal.
But the trajectory files is so large, ca 13 GB.
Then I guess it is difficult way.