Re: [AMBER] problem with 3-ring system in antechamber

From: Leandro Bortot <leandro.obt.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 17:14:48 -0200

     Sorry, maybe I didn't stated my worry clearly.

     I'm using AmberTools 12. Here antechamber also works fine and it is
even possible to get the parameters from parmchk.

     What I'm worried about, though, is with the output of acdoctor -i
threer.mol2 -f mol2:
Error: weird atomic valence (5) for atom (ID: 11, Name: C3), please check
atomic connectivity

     In my understanding this shows that parameters derived
from threer.mol2, in this specific example, wouldn't be reliable because of
this error that acdoctor reports. What I was trying to do was to get an
output mol2 file from antechamber for which acdoctor doesn't find errors.

     Am I just been overreacting to this acdoctor error? Do you think it is
OK to use the parameters derived from threer.mol2 for simulations?

Thank you again,
Leandro Bortot