Re: [AMBER] patching problem amber12

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:24:01 -0500

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Daniel Sindhikara <sindhikara.gmail.com>wrote:

> Jason,
> Just to clarify, I think the problem is "authenticated" proxies. I also
> have had
> no problem with my proxy setting the http_proxy environmental variable
> but it seems Vaibhav's proxy requires username/password.
> According to his e-mail he had the un/pwd set already.
> >From what I gather in the docs urllib2 does support authenticated proxies.

My only experience using this was with an authenticated proxy, so I still
think it works. The downside of the solution is that you need to set an
environment variable containing your password (so you don't want it in your
.bashrc file, and you'll probably want to clear the command from your
history).

export http_proxy="http://username:password.proxy_address:port"

You have to make sure the username, password, proxy address, and the port
number are all correct...

Of course I can't speak for all proxies, just the one I was using last
summer (but it was a corporate Proxy, for what that's worth...)

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate