Re: [AMBER] patching problem amber12

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:58:31 +0530

Another point that may be of relevance is that the passwords may have . in
it then one has to use %40 and other combinations for other special
characters like !#$ etc. I guess this add one more layer of complexity to
the issue being discussed here.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Daniel Sindhikara <sindhikara.gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Jason,
> > Just to clarify, I think the problem is "authenticated" proxies. I also
> > have had
> > no problem with my proxy setting the http_proxy environmental variable
> > but it seems Vaibhav's proxy requires username/password.
> > According to his e-mail he had the un/pwd set already.
> > >From what I gather in the docs urllib2 does support authenticated
> proxies.
> >

> My only experience using this was with an authenticated proxy, so I still
> think it works. The downside of the solution is that you need to set an
> environment variable containing your password (so you don't want it in your
> .bashrc file, and you'll probably want to clear the command from your
> history).
>
> export http_proxy="http://username:password.proxy_address:port"
>
> You have to make sure the username, password, proxy address, and the port
> number are all correct...
>
> Of course I can't speak for all proxies, just the one I was using last
> summer (but it was a corporate Proxy, for what that's worth...)
>
> All the best,
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason M. Swails
> Quantum Theory Project,
> University of Florida
> Ph.D. Candidate
> 352-392-4032

With regards
Vaibhav A. Dixit
Ph.D.
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Natl. Inst. Pharm. Edu. & Res. (NIPER)
Sector 67, Phase X,  S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali)
Punjab -160 062 INDIA
Phone (Mobile): +919915214408, +91-7709129400.
E-mail: vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
www.niper.nic.in